- Course Information
Comes on a USB stick so that you get all the coursework upfront. (Ideal for slow or poor internet connections) - True Plug & Play
In order to take the Officer of the Watch (OOW) Navigation & Radar Course it is an MCA requirement that you already hold the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster course (Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster offshore
Just like all our courses you can do this via Distance Learning.
This is an advanced course in Navigation and Meteorology for candidates who wish to gain their Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore certificates. The syllabus makes provision for some revision of subjects in the Day Skipper course but those who have not acquired the knowledge of the elementary course are unlikely to be able to assimilate all the subjects covered in the advanced course. Ideally you should possess the Day Skipper shore based certificate before embarking on this course. If however you are confident in your ability to Skipper a boat and you consider that you have a good understanding of all the basics then you could slot in at this level.
The course is CD based, fully interactive. Step by step instructions with many colour illustrations plus the 330+ animations guide you through the course. You are allocated your own personal tutor who will mark your assessments and final exams. You can always contact your tutor if you need to clarify your learning. We do find that our students get very high marks owing to the step by step instructions and high quality of our course material. The course is ideal for both Power and Sail.
*Ocean Training Interactive Course
* 370 + Animated Graphics to aid your learning
*Two Training Charts
* Practice Navigation Tables
* RYA Electronic Chart plotter
* Your own personal tutor with whom you will correspond by E-mail
* Final Examinations by Distance Learning
* Full Certification upon completion
* The electronic chart plotting software is included with every Ocean Training course such as Essential Navigation & Seamanship, Day Skipper theory and Coastal Skipper Yachtmaster Offshore theory. The software enables the student to get a full grasp of electronic chart plotting techniques.
* Please check out all the qualities of this course under the RYA courses tab (at the top of the page under the Logo)
- Recognised Worldwide
- Standard Recognised Worldwide
- 1 to 1 guidance from tutors