- Course Information
* Buy the course in two parts and you can spread the cost
* See the supurb professional quality of the course material and the 370 animations that are part of the overall learning process (No other company can offer this)
* All animations are approved and used by the MCA staff themselves for inhouse training - thats how good they are!
* The course comes complete with everything you will need
* Your own professional tutor who will mark your assignments and advise you as you go along
* The RYA Day Skipper Part 1 course contains the first six modules and exercises. When you have completed this you can then upgrade to the RYA Day Skipper part 2
* The RYA Day Skipper part 2 course is ordered separately when you are ready. This contains the next six modules and the final exam
* Full RYA Day Skipper Theory certification is awarded upon successful completion
* If you wish to buy the whole course upfront then please see the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course Online - Complete Version This way you will save some money also
The Ocean Training RYA Day Skipper shorebased course is aimed towards semi-experienced sailors, who are looking to further their skills and get the Day Skipper qualification. Our courses provide a formal RYA qualification that is recognised worldwide.
If you have already completed an the RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship syllabus or have reasonable boating experience, and wish to be a fully qualified Skipper, then our RYA Day Skipper correspondence course is just the ticket.
We provide expert RYA Day Skipper Theory distance learning and this can be achieved via the internet with our fully inclusive Day Skipper theory online tutoring service. When you sign up for our online Day Skipper theory course you will get all the materials to achieve high results. Our courses will run on both MAC and Windows platforms.
As a leading RYA online training provider, we are able to offer a superb range of RYA approved courses, which you can complete anywhere in the world and in your own time and pace. Our choice of RYA Distance Learning (E-Learning) programmes are ideal for anyone seeking to learn new skills that will help further their career or improve their sailing abilities for leisure purposes.
All the RYA theory courses that we offer can now be completed online both at home or at sea, depending on your unique preferences and personal situation. For example, when you sign up for our RYA Day Skipper online training course, you will have regular access to your own tutor, who will help you to get through the various modules, and Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA's) in your own timeframe whilst providing expert guidance and invaluable tuition each and every step of the way.
Being able to learn either at home or at sea offers unrivalled flexibility.
This is the second of the RYA Theory courses and covers both Power and Sail. The course is suitable for the beginner and for those who need to have a good grounding in the theory. This fully interactive course covers the complete RYA Day Skipper syllabus and is greatly enhanced with 370+ animations, relevant items of navigational history and cartoons. We make your learning both interesting and fun.
The course is fully interactive and covers the full RYA Dayskipper theory course. Step by step instructions with many colour illustrations plus the animations guide you through the course. You are allocated your own personal tutor who will mark your assessments and final exams. You can always contact your tutor if you need to clarify your learning. We do find, that our students get very high marks owing to the step by step instructions and high quality of our course material.
The RYA Shorebased Day Skipper course is an absolute essential requirement if you wish to proceed to the RYA Day Skipper practical course. During any practical course the instructor has enough to do to teach you safety, and handling the boat and will not have time to teach you the basics of navigation, collision regulations, meteorology, electronic chartwork etc.
Once having achieved the RYA Day Skipper sailing course you will then be ready to proceed to the more advanced RYA Coastal Skipper theory course followed by the RYA Coastal Skipper practical course
The RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship course or reasonable experience in Boating/Yachting as a crew member
The RYA Day Skipper Course Includes
Ocean Training Interactive Course (Windows or MAC)
370+ Animated Graphics to aid your learning
2 RYA Training Charts
RYA Training Almanac
RYA Electronic Chart plotter (so that you can get the knowledge on using Electronic Charts)
Your own personal tutor with whom you will correspond by e-mail
Full RYA Certification upon completion
Rule of The Road
Electronic Navigation Equipment
This course comes complete and boxed and it is 1 kilo in weight
Within the UK
The course is sent out via first class post
We use FedEx - worlwide - usually 24 hour delivery
We ship all overseas courses by FedEx for a small extra fee - This means that you will get all the coursework and materials in 24 to 48 hours (Depending on your location) When you order our system will calculate the carriage to wherever you are on the planet
- Recognised Worldwide
- Standard Recognised Worldwide
- 1 to 1 guidance from tutors